IDPS 2021 is the flagship program of the Foundation of Data Protection Professionals in India. (FDPPI)
FDPPI is a Section 8 Company (Not for Profit) registered in 2018 and carries on its activities for the empowerment of Data Protection in India.
FDPPI pioneered the India centric Certification programs for professionals in Data Privacy such as
- Certified Data Protection Officer-Module on Indian Laws
- Certified Data Protection Officer-Module on Global Laws
- Certified Data Protection Officer-Module on Data Audit
- Certified PDP-CMS Auditor/Consultant- (all the above three modules together)
FDPPI has adopted an exclusive data privacy framework -PDPSI or Personal Data Protection Standard of India to enable Implementation of Personal Data Protection Compliance Management System (PDP-CMS) and also for audit and certification.
PDPSI framework is a unified framework for compliance of multiple data protection laws and incorporates the adoption of best practices under IS27701 and IS 17428. PDPSI adopts some exclusive and innovative principles such as Data Valuation, Distributed Responsibility and Measurability of Compliance through a unique Data Trust Score (DTS) system.
FDPPI has so far created about 200 certified professionals and accredited 9 certification bodies to undertake PDP-CMS audit based on PDPSI framework.
The Board of FDPPI consists of
1.Na. Vijayashankar (Chairman)
2. Nagendra Javagal (Director)
FDPPI activities are headed by a National Governance Council and supported by a National Advisory Council.
The members of the NGC and NAC are as follows
|National Governance Council||National Advisory Council|
|1. Dr S. P Arya (Honorary President)
2. Dr Mahendra Limaye (Honorary Vice President)
|1. Dr Rakesh Goyal
6. Mr Rajeev Panicker (Representative of DNV)*
7. Mr Ashish Khanna (Representative of CIOs)
*DNV the global certification agency has partnered with FDPPI for Certification and Audit under the joint name of FDPPI-DNV.
More information about FDPPI is available at www.fdppi.in